Job Title: Program Manager
ConnectionHealth, a non-profit organization based in Birmingham, Alabama, is hiring a Program Manager. ConnectionHealth’s mission is to use a Community Health Worker (CHW) inclusive model to provide health care access to the underserved and to provide health care clients with strategies designed to support their health management. A successful Program Manager will work collaboratively with organizational leadership and community partners. The successful candidate must have strong critical thinking skills, the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects in parallel, and experience communicating effectively with stakeholders. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week).
The Program Manager will provide day-to-day management for program functions. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct supervision of Community Health Workers, ensuring
o Data collection
o Monitoring of hours and activities
o Support for Community Health Worker activities
- Implementing programmatic activities
o Oversee and administer project activities and budget in accordance with established guidelines, policies, and procedures
o Assess field work
o Prepare and submit project reports
- Serving as a thought partner in the development of solutions and new initiatives
- Working with Executive Director to ensure achievement of organizational goals, and project objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Two (2) years of related work experience, including with diverse populations
- One (1) year of project management experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Previous budget management experience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships
- Impeccable reputation regarding ethics and integrity
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office Suite, videoconferencing platforms, and other applicable software
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT: There will be opportunities to work remotely, in the ConnectionHealth office, and in the field.
BENEFITS: Two weeks paid vacation per calendar year
Please note: ConnectionHealth relies primarily on service agreements and grants for funding. The Program Manager position funding is therefore connected to funds that are generated in this manner, which means that when a grant or a service agreement ends, this position’s funding may also end.
To apply for this position, please send CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.